When I first started blogging back in 2012 I had no idea what I was doing. In fact you could argue I still have no idea. Blogging has grown so much over the short time I’ve been part of this community and it’s still growing today. Back in 2012 I had no idea what I was letting myself in for or what I could create by signing up to Blogger. So if you’re toying with the idea of entering this vast world of beauty blogging then here is what they don’t tell you about beauty blogging.
- You won’t be able to use any makeup item until you’ve photographed it
- In fact you’ll end buying far more makeup then you normally would on the basis that ‘it’s for the blog’
- You’ll start to hate the seasons changing. The sunshine in summer, the crispness of autumn and the darker nights in winter will play havoc on the lighting for your blog pictures
- And when the light is just perfect, you’ll realise that you’ve forgotten to charge your camera battery
- At least one day a week (and some weeknights) will become ‘blog time’. You’ll photograph, type and schedule social media posts on mass during these times
- And when you’re not actually blogging, you’ll be spending your free time thinking about blogging
- E.O (Search Engine Optimisation) will become the bane of your life. If you don’t know what it is, you will do once you start blogging
- As soon as you’ve decided on a name and purchased your URL you’ll want to change it within six months
- If you do want to change your blog or URL you’ll realise the hassle involved and probably decide it’s not worth it
- You will be referred to by your blog name rather than your real name. I can’t tell you how many emails I’ve read that start with ‘Hi Merry’
But you know what, I wouldn’t change it for the world. For the fellow bloggers out there, is there anything else you think I should add?