Now I don’t know about you. But as much as I love this time of year. It also makes me want to escape the cold and rain. And head off to a sunnier destination. Now it doesn’t help that my Time Hop on Facebook keeps reminding me of all the winter sun holidays I used to take. At this time of year, I’ve been to Mexico, Canary Islands and my absolute favourite Thailand. And it’s making me desperate to pay a visit to that beautiful country again.
If you’ve never been to Thailand but are keen to go. Or maybe even have a trip booked. Here are my five favourite things to do in Thailand:
- Experience Bangkok’s Floating Market. This was one of my favourite things to do. There really is nothing else like sitting in a rickety wooden boat, travelling along the river buying local produce. The smells, the colours, and the locals make this an experience you’ll never forget.
- And speaking of boats. You have to take a boat trip around the islands. With more than 5,000 miles of coastline you can travel by long-tail boat and discover as many beaches and islands as possible.
- And of course, you have to plan a visit to the world famous Full Moon Party on Koh Toa. Whether you’re into raves or not, you have to visit the Island and enjoy a bucket cocktail while watching the fire eaters.
- For breath-taking views of Phi Phi, you need to take the trek up to the Koh Phi Phi viewpoint. Go up right before sunset for the best views0 .And while you’re there, head over to Monkey Island, it’s an experience you absolutely cannot miss – just don’t feed them!
- And last, but by no means least. Try the street food. It’s what the locals eat and some of it is incredibly delicious. I didn’t have the guts to try the fried crickets and scorpions but I loved the traditional Thai cuisine.
Have you ever been to Thailand? Are you tempted to take a trip over to the far east and explore this place for yourself? If you are, make sure you visit Destination2 they have some amazing deals on holidays to Thailand.