As most readers of this blog will know. I have an obsession with makeup and all things beauty. Especially makeup brushes. Now it could be because I’m too lazy to clean my brushes every week, but I just can’t resist a new set of brushes. There’s something pretty special about using a brush for the first time. I’m sure I’m addicted to that feeling. It would explain why I have so many brushes. But I’ve recently discovered a new brand of brushes that are affordable but perform like professional ones. And they’re the QVS brushes.
Now like me you probably haven’t heard much about this brand before. But I’m sure that will change. This cult Australian brand has been making waves with their affordable but effective brushes. And they’re now available in the UK. And in supermarkets! Prices start from just £4. All the brushes are created with a professional makeup artist in mind. They’re hardworking, super soft and apply makeup like a dream. Here are some of my favourites:
Flat Top Blusher Brush £6.99
As this has a flat top, this brush is perfect for defining your facial contours meaning it’s fab for applying blusher, bronzer or even a little contour.
Compact Powder Brush £5.50
Another small brush that packs a powerful punch. The compact brush head makes this ideal for applying foundation of a dusting of powder for a flawless finish.
Pro Size Cosmetic Tool Kit £14
With five key brushes in this collection, this is excellent value for money. You get:
- Powder Brush – I find this is great for applying foundation or bronzer as the super soft bristles seem to pick up the right amount of product each time
- Foundation Brush – I find this brush just helps to create a flawless finish when applying my foundation
- Eyeshdaow Brush – This soft fluffy brush is ideal for blending out your eyeshadow
- Eyeshadow/Eyeliner Brush – Another fab brush that is perfect for applying eyeshadow or eyeliner thanks to it’s slanted brush tip
- Lip Brush – I love the precision of this brush, it’s the best brush I’ve tried in a long time for applying lipstick or lip gloss
What do you think of these makeup brushes? Which brand of brushes do you like to use?