Now I don’t know about you. But with the Instagram algorithm changing, ongoing Twitter spats and dwindling engagement. It’s a tough online world out there us bloggers. But there’s also huge potential to do good with our platforms. Now I’m sure most of you are aware of the term paying it form. But essentially it’s responding to a person’s kindness to yourself by passing that kindness on and being kind to someone else. Now this is obviously a great philosophy to live by in real life. But as bloggers, we can also do this more online. Which is why I wanted to share with you all ways I’m planning on paying it forward as a blogger.
10 WAYS TO PAY IT FORWARD AS A BLOGGER
- Share ‘Follow Friday’ shout outs on both Twitter and Instagram
- Reach out to someone who always comments on your blog and let them know how much their support means to you and if you can. Send them a little gift as a thank you
- Regularly give away goodies to your readers as a thank you for their support
- Offer to help spread the word about a fellow blogger’s competition or sponsored work
- Open your blog up to smaller blogger’s by inviting them to guest post on your blog
- Spend 30 minutes a week commenting on other people’s blog posts letting them know why you love their posts as much as you do
- Like people’s content on Instagram. It literally takes seconds to heart a fellow blogger’s picture on Instagram. So get liking!
- Join in the weekly Twitter chats in the blogging community. It’s a great way to share information and find new, amazing bloggers to follow
- If you’re a wiz with a camera offer to take outfit shots for your local blogging besties
- And finally, why not share some of your blogging ‘secrets’ in a series of blog posts so others can benefit from your knowledge
What do you think of the concept of paying it forward as a blogger? Do you like my suggestions of how I can pay it forward as a blogger?