When it comes to jewellery, my tastes have certainly changed throughout the years. Gone are the days of plastics beads and sweet bracelets. Instead I now focus on big, statement pieces that will last a lifetime. My favourite jewellery pieces may not be full of diamonds and jewels but they do have some great memories and meaningful stories behind each piece. So let me share with you all some of my favourite pieces and how you can get your hands on a stunning statement ring.
Let’s start with the Links of London Sweetie charm bracelet. This was a 21st birthday present from my mum. Her mum had bought her a charm bracelet for her 21st and she wanted to get me one for mine. Rather than the traditional types of charm bracelets, I thought it would be nice to get one with a modern twist. I have far too many charms on there now, and it does get a little heavy to wear sometimes. But I love the sentimental value of the charms and the chunkiness of the bracelet.
Next up are these Marc by Marc Jacob lip earrings. I got these a few years ago and fell in love with them as soon as I saw them. I love the quirkiness of these studs and they never fail to put a smile on my face.
Next I have these Ted Baker Rose Gold Stacking Rings and earrings. As you can see I’m a big fan of chunky jewellery and I love the cluster design of these pieces. Plus for Ted Baker, they are incredibly affordable.
These are my two enamel bracelets. I got the Marc by Marc Jacobs enamel bracelet a few years ago and then I treated myself to the Mulberry enamel bracelet when I was celebrating a job promotion. Sometimes I wear the bracelets separately and sometimes I wear them together. Although they’re different metals, I like the contrast they have sitting side by side on the wrist.
Next I have this rose gold Daisy necklace with the butterfly centre piece. What’s amazing about this necklace is that the butterfly design coin can be slotted into the necklace, or removed and replaced with a different design.
I got these heart Tiffany earrings for my 18th birthday. Unfortunately about two months after that I lost one of them. To say I was devastated was an understatement. Luckily I received the same pair of earrings for my 21st, so I now have a complete pair again!
As I mentioned at the start of the post, I have a pretty amazing competition to share with you all today. The lovely people over at Browns Family Jewellers are offering one of my lucky readers the chance to win this gorgeous Opal Dress ring. All you need to do is enter the competition below. Good luck and I’ll be announcing the winner at the end of the month!
Terms & Conditions for Browns Family Jewellers Competitions
1. This competition is sponsored by Browns Family Jewellers Ltd (company registration number 5750852) whose registered office is Browns Grey Court, PO BOX 718, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG1 9NJ.
2. This competition is open to UK and Republic of Ireland residents only.
3. No entry fee is required and no purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
4. Entry details, rules of the competition and the prize for the winner can be found here: http://merrymusing.co.uk/
5. The closing date for competition entries is 11.59pm 29th July
6. Browns Family Jewellers does not accept responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. Browns Family Jewellers reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Browns Family Jewellers’ control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Browns Family Jewellers.
8. Browns Family Jewellers is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
9. Prizes are non-transferrable, and no cash alternative will be offered. Prizes are subject to availability and Browns Family Jewellers reserves the right to amend any prize with another item of equal or similar value without notice.
10. The competition winner will be chosen by Merry Musing and verified by Browns Family Jewellers.
11. The winner will be notified within 28 days of the closing date, by email or phone. Should the winner not respond, or if they do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, Browns Family Jewellers reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
12. Browns Family Jewellers will send the winner their prize directly.
13. By entering the competition, entrants are confirming they agree with these terms and conditions. Browns Family Jewellers’ decision regarding any matter relating to this competition is final.
14. Unless they have stated to the contrary, the winner agrees to the use of their name and image in publicity material produced by Browns Family Jewellers or Merry Musing.
15. This promotion is not endorsed or associated with any social media channel (such as Facebook, Twitter or any other social platform) used to promote it.