I think it’s fair to say that sometimes us bloggers can live up to a cliche or two. Whether it’s rose gold, marble or ceramic pineapples, us bloggers do love a cliche and there are certain things that you’ll only know if you’re a fellow blogger. Having been blogging for four years now, and having spoken to so many blogger friends, it seems I’m not alone in my unusual habits. Which is why I thought I’d put together this fun post – you know you’re a beauty blogger when…
- You have a box of new unopened products that you need to photograph before you can use them
- You have a little celebration every time a brand retweets your post
- There are moments when an email is responsible for an internal fist pump and squeal of joy
- You feel annoyed when other bloggers have posted their reviews on a product, two days before your post is scheduled to go live
- Everything you purchase is for the blog. In fact a lot of things are bought ‘for the blog’, ahem…
- Your photographer, aka boyfriend, friend, parent, sibling, just can’t understand why they need to take 47 different pictures of you in the same outfit
- You are unable to eat any meal without arranging it on your plate and then taking a picture and instagraming it before even taking a bite
- You plan your holidays around places that have a Sephora
- You leave space in your luggage on any European trip just to stock up on the biggest bottle of Bioderma and all the amazing makeup you can’t get here in the UK.
- You buy the same magazine four times just because they are giving away four Nails Inc/ Clinique / Neal’s Yard products
- You pay extortionate shipping to get make up items sent over from the US, just because every big beauty blogger is raving about them
- You want to vent your rage on Twitter every time you get get an email addressed to ‘Hi Ms Blogger’
If you’re a fellow beauty blogger, let me know of any others you can think of. Or how many of these you agree with it!