Spring is well and truly in the air at the moment and it’s around this time of year that I love to have a Spring Clean. Whether it’s my blog, my wardrobe or the whole house, I love having a clear out and refreshing things. Over time I find that I can fall out of love with things if they’ve not been refreshed in a while. And while I don’t have the money to buy myself a whole new wardrobe or redecorate the whole house, I can easily refresh my blog. So if you’re also looking for an update, here are 7 ways to refresh your blog:
- Switch up your photo set up. We all develop our own photography style over time and if you’re feeling like you’re stuck in a rut then why not change it up? It could be new probs for your pictures, a new blog background or moving away from flatlays to another style.
- Changing the layout of your blog doesn’t have to be expensive. If you know code well enough you could do the changes yourself, or you can buy a pre made template for as little as a few pounds on Etsy. I find a new layout helps to motivate me and help me fall back in love with blogging.
- It can help to step away from your blog and social media and go old school by digging out a notebook and brainstorm new ideas. Maybe write about a new topic, or start a new series to refresh your blog.
- I find getting my house in order also helps me to focus on my blog again. So do all those jobs you said you’d do last week/month/year. I’m talking about updating your about me page, remove old and dated widgets, adding labels to your posts etc. You’ll feel so much better once it’s done!
- Always take your pictures first before writing your blog post. Not only does it mean you can capture your products in pristine condition but if can inspire you with new blog post ideas as well.
- Get someone to look at your blog. A fresh pair of eyes will offer a different perspective or insight into what works well on your site and what could do with improving. Or maybe ask your readers what they’d like to see on your blog.
- Take a break if you need to. Don’t force yourself to blog if you really don’t want to. Life has a habit of getting in the way sometimes so when it does just relax and step away from blogging if you need to. I normally get most of my inspiration when I’ve taking a break from blogging, there really is nothing like a break to help you fall back in love with your blog.
Do you have any other ideas on how to refresh your blog?